Personal Property Insurance

Personal Property (Renter's) Insurance

Students should be aware that like any residential facility, at times pipes break, air conditioners may go out, or other facility maintenance-related concerns may arise. Students are responsible for the condition of their personal property. Texas A&M University at Galveston recommends students purchase their own renter's insurance policy if other family insurance policies (such as a home-owner's policy) does not cover the student property.  University Student Rules indicate the University does not assume responsibility at any time for the private property of students and is not liable for the loss or damage of any article of personal property anywhere on the premises.

We strongly recommend to students that you buy personal property, or renter's, insurance to protect the personal valuables brought to campus.  Check with your parents to see if you are already covered through current insurance policies before purchasing your own.  There are several resources available to students to protect their personal property for a low cost, some even as low as $7/month.

Additionally, students are responsible for any damage to University property in their assigned residence hall room and should make sure to return all University property to the same or better condition it was in upon the student's move-in to the residence hall room.

NSSI/Worth Ave. Group

Accidental Damage and Cracked Screen Protection:

Protect your student’s iPhone and laptop from cracked screens and drops.  In addition to your mobile devices, you can protect all of the personal property that is in your student’s dorm room from theft, accidents and flooding.

  • Deductibles as low as $25

  • Premiums as low as $66/year

  • Unlimited claims

  • Coverage starting up to $2,000 per accident

Click on Image (Below) for More Information:

NSSI Information