Employee Assistance Program - Deer Oaks

All benefits-eligible budgeted employees of Texas A&M University at Galveston and their household members or dependents are eligible to receive up to five (5)-confidential short-term counseling visits, per person, per issue, per fiscal year - at NO cost to you. The program is available to you immediately.

The EAP is a confidential third party service. Deer Oaks clinicians are well-versed in helping clients of all ages. They are accessible at numerous locations throughout the area.

The EAP can assist with many different types of problems. Among these are stress, depression, anxiety, workplace difficulties, substance abuse, marital problems, family or parenting conflicts, grief, violence and unhealthy lifestyles. The EAP will also provide additional assistance with tools, and referrals for:

  •     Childcare and Eldercare Resources with Referrals
  •     Financial and Legal Issues
  •     Interactive Online Simple Will
  •     ID Recovery
  •     Reimbursed Cab Rides
  •     Retiree Assistance
  •     College Resources/Checklist

The EAP is available when you need it, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Deer Oaks EAP will also coordinate with Texas A&M's Healthcare Plans, for cases that require treatment, under your medical benefit.

For more information or to obtain a referral (to a provider near you), please call Deer Oaks toll-free at 1-888-993-7650. Online tools are accessible at www.deeroakseap.com using login and password "tamug".

Questions concerning coverage may be directed to:

Tina Pennington

  •     HR Generalist III
  •     Email: penningt@tamug.edu
  •     Phone: 409-740-4534
  •     Bldg: 3035, Ste 115


Jeffrey Boyer

  •     Executive Director of Human Resources
  •     Email: boyerj@tamug.edu
  •     Phone: 409-740-4503
  •     Bldg: 3035, Ste 115