The Surplus Property Office at Texas A&M University at Galveston is responsible for the transfer, storage, and ultimate disposition of furniture, equipment, and supplies which are surplus to the needs of the university. The primary objective of the Surplus Property Office is to return to use by Texas A&M, or by a political subdivision of the State of Texas, property that has been declared surplus. Surplus property that is not reclaimed by Texas A&M or the State of Texas is then publicly sold to the highest bidder.
TAMUG Surplus Property Transfer Instructions
- If you have been set up in Canopy to use the TDP system please do so, if not continue with the following process.
- Complete the necessary TAMU FDP-411A (Property Transfer) form and print on BLUE paper.
- If the property is a computer that has a hard drive, complete the TAMU FDP-411B (Transfer of Computer Equipment) form and attach behind the FDP-411A form.
- The original completed property forms must be sent to the Surplus Property Office located in the Physical Plant
- The corresponding Surplus Property Information Form must be completed and attached securely to each piece of property or the property will not be picked up.
Someone must be present during pickup.
If you need additional help with a transfer please contact:
The Texas A&M University at Galveston Surplus Property Office
TAMUG - Facilities Services
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.