In the event of and emergency or accident involving the TAMUG students, faculty and/or staff the campus will immediately enact the following procedures for managing the media:
Office of the CEO
- The CEO will notify the Provost, President of TAMU, and Chancellor TAMUS of the emergency.
- The Director of Media Relations and Communications will be responsible for interfacing with the TAMU Office of Marketing and Communications to inform main campus of the emergency.
Computing Information Services
- ICT will establish a media center in SAGC 601 or PE 107 to accommodate the electronic and data outlet needs of the responding media.
- If the accident occurs at the Fort Crockett or Teichman Road campus, media will be re-directed to Mitchell Campus on Pelican Island.
- Campus Police will secure the area.
- No-campus and non-emergency personnel will not be permitted in the area of the emergency.
Only members of the Incident Command Team will be allowed to talk to the media. The CEO or designee will serve as the chief spokesperson for the campus
If employees are called by outsiders or members of the media, they should refrain from comment and refer the individual to Incident Command Center
Employees should be weary of video cameras and their coverage of the incident at the scene
Family members affected should be discouraged from agreeing to provide media with an interview, but, if not, questions should be prescreened. A member of the Incident Command Team should be present during interviews with family members to ensure that ground rules are followed and inappropriate questions are not addressed
Information concerning the emergency will be posted on the TAMUG website and local media sources as information becomes available:
When possible, the TAMUG Information Line will be used to provide additional updates: (409) 740-5500.
Revised August 2015