Sea Camp Scholarships for Summer 2017
Texas A&M University at Galveston Sea Camp Scholarship contest worth up to $965 for a week at Sea Camp summer 2017.
Sea Camp 2017 Scholarship Competition Information & Rules:
- Design a poster that illustrates your desire to attend Sea Camp.
- Poster should be on standard poster board (approximately 22”x28”). The size does not have to be exact, but please make sure it is close to these dimensions. Any color poster board is fine.
- Posters will be separated and judged in two categories:
1.) Ages 10-13
2.) Ages 14-18
- Please DO NOT write your name on the front of it.
Write your name, age, telephone number and e-mail address on the back (please print clearly).
- You can use any medium you would like on your poster (i.e. pencil, marker, paint).
- You can glue items to your poster, however you will have to roll the poster up to mail it, so keep that in mind during your design process!
Please include a written description of your poster (no more than one page, can be hand-written or typed). Lay it on top of your poster. Do not tape, staple, or glue your written description to your poster.
Place your finished product inside a mailing tube and mail it to:
Sea Camp – TAMUG
P.O. Box 1675
Galveston, TX 77553
If you are overnighting or your mailing method requires a physical address, please mail your tube to this address:
Sea Camp – TAMUG
1001 Texas Clipper Rd #500
Galveston, TX 77554
- Your mailing tubes must be POSTMARKED by March 27, 2017. If a tube arrives in the Sea Camp office postmarked with a later date, it will be immediately disqualified.
- Judging will take place the week of April 10, 2017 and winners will be notified soon after.
- Winning a Sea Camp scholarship does not guarantee you a spot in a camp that is full. Please have 2 or 3 camp choices in mind, should you be chosen (if you need a specific camp/date, you can register now to hold a spot for $150 deposit, which is refundable, see website for details).
- Judges include TAMUG faculty and staff. Approximately 30 people served as judges last year.
- BE CREATIVE AND HAVE FUN!!! You do not have to be an artist to illustrate desire. Remember, your written description counts too. The examples provided are only meant to get you on the right track, so please create something that is unique to you.
- Previous winners are eligible to participate.
- Please do not include photos or other personally identifiable information on your poster that you do not wish to be publically viewed.
- Does not include full tuition for Sea Camp: Ecotourism in Costa Rica, although if awarded, you may apply $965 toward this camp.
PLEASE NOTE: POSTERS WILL NOT BE RETURNED!
This information will also be made available on our website:
www.tamug.edu/seacamp (please be patient while our website catches up with our FB page). If you have any questions about our scholarship competition, please message us on Facebook or call us at (409) 740-4525.