Housing Application and Assignments
- How do I apply for On-Campus Housing?
- Are students required to live on campus?
- I accidentally submitted my application without paying the deposit, or it timed out before I could complete it. What can I do?
- When can I apply for Housing?
- When will I receive my Housing Assignment?
- Can I preference a residence hall in my housing application?
- Can I preference a single or private room?
- How Do I apply for a Living Learning Community?
- Can I update or change my housing application once it is submitted?
- How can I check the status of my housing application?
- What does it mean if I am placed on a "waitlist" for housing?
- I understand I will need to sign a housing contract when I apply. How long is the contract for?
- What if I change my mind? Can I get my money back?
- How do I cancel my housing application?
Those interested in applying for on-campus housing should go to the Housing Application webpage and follow the instructions on that page. Make sure you have your credit card or debit card information ready before you start the process, because your application is not considered complete until you submit your deposit.
Are students required to live on campus?
Yes. Students are required to live on campus until the age of 21 with a few exceptions that can be found here (Applying to Live Off Campus). Either way, all students are required to live on-campus or have an approved application to live off-campus. This stands regardless of whether or not you’re a new or returning student. Note: if you’ve already been approved to life off-campus and have never moved back ON campus, then you are not required to complete another application to life off-campus.
I accidentally submitted my application without paying the deposit, or it timed out before I could complete it. What can I do?
If you find yourself in this situation, please call us at 409-740-4445 and leave your name and UIN so a professional staff member can reset your application. Once your application has been reset, you will have to go to the application page and submit your information again. Please allow for 24 hours to submit your application again.
We accept applications throughout the year, though we assign based upon a first-come, first-serve basis. We recommend submitting your housing application as early as possible.
We make assignments for new/incoming students who submit their housing application materials before April in early to mid-June and send out assignments through email-which is why it's important to list your current email address on your Housing Application!
Assignments for those who apply after April will continue to be made throughout the summer.
On a campus of our size, we value the roommate match over building preferences. We find your roommate pairing has a greater bearing on your success than the physical space in which you live.
Therefore, in determining where you will live, we feel it matters much more that you and your roommate are a good match. However, we will make accommodations for those who wish to stay in housing with the lowest cost. You can contact one of the Housing Coordinators at 409-740-4445 or email at email@example.com. Also- once you have resided on campus for a semester, you will be able to preference a specific hall or room in your Mandatory Census.
WAVE or LEAD website.
Housing deposits are refundable to applicants who request to cancel their housing application on the schedule below:
- Requests made before May 1 are 100% refundable ($300)
- Requests made May 2-May 15 are 25% refundable ($75)
- Requests made after May 15 will not be refunded
All cancellation requests must be made in writing. Please be sure to include the student's name and UIN. Send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or Residence Life, 200 Seawolf Parkway, Galveston, TX 77554