Applying for Housing
Prospective & New Students
Living Learning Communities
Apply for On-Campus Housing
Click the words "Apply Here" above to open the application page.
Please read the instructions carefully to apply for on-campus housing for the Spring 2014 & Fall 2014 semester.
Click the link above labeled “Apply Here”
The link will take you to a separate webpage where you will enter the University Identification Number (UIN) provided when you applied for admission to Texas A&M University at Galveston.
Please enter all required information on the webpage. Please be accurate and honest in all information and preferences.
You will read and e-sign the Housing Contract.
You will be directed to another webpage to pay your $300 housing deposit (credit, debit, or e-check only).
You should receive a confirmation an receipt within 12 days to the e-mail address provided on the application. Please contact the Office of Residence Life (409-740-4445) if you have any questions or concerns.
At this time, we are only accepting housing applications for the Spring 2014 & Fall 2014 semester. If you wish to apply for housing for another semester please contact the Office of Residence Life.
*Note: you may cancel your on-campus housing contract prior to May 1, 2014 and receive a full refund of the housing deposit. Cancellations received between May 2 and May 15, 2014 will receive a 25% (or $75) refund. Any cancellation requests received after May 15, 2014 will NOT receive a deposit refund.
All cancellation requests must be made in writing to Residence Life at email@example.com, or by mail to Office of Residence Life, 200 Seawolf Parkway, Galveston, TX 77554.
Click the words "Apply Here" above to open the application page.
To apply for on-campus housing, students should first take note of the following information regarding the on-campus housing application. Then, follow the instructions to the RIGHT to download the application.
Important Information Regarding the On-Campus Housing Application
- This process is for NEW to TAMUG students only. Prospective residents must have submitted an application for admission to TAMUG and have a UIN (University identification Number) before beginning the housing application process. *It may take up to one week after submitting an application for admission before you will be able to apply for housing.
- Returning students will fill-out an online survey each semester and will indicate their intent to return or not return to campus housing. Contact Residence Life for more information.
- Submitting all housing application materials does NOT guarantee the availability of space or admission to TAMUG. We recommend applying for housing at the earliest possible time as space fills quickly. Only those applications received before March 1st are guaranteed to receive housing. Prospective students MAY submit housing application materials prior to acceptance to TAMUG.
- You will sign the housing contract as part of your application process. Please pay attention to the details of this contract, it is a contract for a full-year of on-campus housing, and is a legally-binding contract.
- The housing deposit is $300, payable by credit, debit, or e-check only online. The deposit is NOT applied toward semester housing fees; it is similar to a damage deposit. For any concerns regarding payment of this deposit, please contact Residence Life via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (409-740-4445).
- For students new to TAMUG, you may cancel your on-campus housing contract and application prior to May 1st and receive a full refund of the housing deposit. Cancellations received between May 2 and May 15 will receive a 25% (or $75) refund. Any cancellations after May 15 will NOT receive a deposit refund.
- Requests to cancel the housing application must be made to the Office of Residence Life ONLY, in writing, to email@example.com or in-person at the Office of Residence Life.
- Accuracy is important in completing this application. It is best for students to complete the housing application and preferences as they typically know their habits and schedule best.
- Students are encouraged to submit a request for a roommate; both students must list each other on their housing application before a request will be considered. If you find a roommate preference after completing your application you may contact Residence Life to make changes. While it is not possible to honor all requests, Residence Life makes every attempt to consider all requests.
- If you have any changes to your application after completion, you may contact Residence Life.
- All students living in on-campus housing are required to purchase a 15 or 19 Meal Plan. For more information about pricing and meal plans, please click here.
Student Housing Requirements
All students are required to live in on-campus housing, as space is available. Exceptions may be made in some circumstances (listed below). Any student hoping to live off-campus is required to apply for permission to live off-campus.
Permission to live off-campus is typically granted if one of the following circumstances are met:
- The student is married and living with their spouse in the local Galveston area.
- The student is a single parent/guardian and their child resides with them at their local Galveston area residence.
- The student is a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces (copy of DD-214; not active duty for training only).
- The student will live with a parent/guardian in the Galveston area. (A typed verification letter will be required)
- The student will enroll in 9 credit hours or less for the semester.
- The student has a medical exception. (Documentation from a doctor will be required.)
- The student is 21 years of age or older (on the first day of class for the semester permission is requested).
- The student wishes to apply for special consideration (a typed letter explaining circumstances is required).
Additionally, students in the Corps of Cadets program (including NROTC, USMS License Option, and Drill and Ceremonies) may be considered for permission to live off-campus if one of the following circumstances are met:
- The cadet is married and living with their spouse in the local Galveston area.
- The cadet is a single parent/guardian and their child resides with them at their local Galveston area residence.
- The cadet is a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces (copy of DD-214; not active duty for training only).
- The cadet has successfully completed the residency component of the Texas Maritime Academy/NROTC program (and has a signed certification of completion).
- The cadet is in the Victor Company. (Victor Company cadets DO NOT live on-campus, and must apply for special permissions to live on-campus.)
To apply for permission to live off-campus, the request form must be submitted to the Office of Residence Life.