Visitors to the Texas A&M University campus are always welcome. The University Police Department will provide parking accommodations for visitors in various campus locations, depending on the event. There is no fee for this service. University affiliates who park on campus are required to purchase a permit, therefore, we ask visitors to refrain from parking in areas designated for faculty, staff and students, unless prior arrangements are made through the University Police Department.
All visitors are required to sign in with the Police Department or have the appropriate department they are visiting notify the Police Department upon arrival on campus. The University Police can assist all visitors with directions and parking information. Designated Visitor Parking spaces are located near the CLB, Sea Aggie Center, Library, and Residence Hall parking lots. Each of these lots will also have one parking spot designated as “15 minute parking only” spots.
Temporary parking permits for surface parking areas are available on a limited basis. The issue of a temporary surface lot permit is contingent upon space availability as determined by the University Police Department.
University departments may make advance parking arrangements for their guests by contacting our Visitor/Conference Coordinator by calling 409-740-4545.
Department request procedure:
• Determine the date and time of the event
• Determine who will act as the point of contact between the department and the Police Department
• Determine the type of group and event
• Determine the number of spaces needed
• Advise the coordinator what kind of vehicles you expect-cars, trucks buses, trailers, etc.
• Do you require any special considerations-loading, unloading, handicap, escorts etc?
• Parking Coordinator will advise if parking is available and provide the requesting department with a temporary event parking permit by email, good for the day of the event only.
• Requesting department must notify their guests where to find the designated parking area by sending them a map and a temporary parking permit, good for the day of he event only, by mail or email.
• If the event requires a reserved parking area, an area where other vehicles are restricted from parking, that information will also be sent to the group prior to the day of the event and the University Police will establish a separate parking area with cones or barricades.
• If reserved parking is needed, the requesting department and the Parking coordinator should consider whether or not they need signs or volunteer flagmen.
Please contact the Police department in ample time to make the arrangements and send the permits to your guests.
All compliments, complaints or problems will be handled by the Visitor Coordinator at 409-740-4545.