Always remember the three R's: Reduce,
Reuse, Recycle. Here are some tips from the EPA's
Consumer Handbook for Reducing Solid Waste to put
those R's into practice:
- Reduce the amount of unnecessary
- Adopt practices that reduce waste
- Consider reusable products.
- Maintain and repair durable products.
- Reuse bags, containers, and other
- Borrow, rent, or share items used
- Sell or donate goods instead of
throwing them out.
- Choose recyclable products and
containers and recycle them.
- Select products made from recycled
- Compost yard trimmings and some food
[EPA. Consumer Handbook for Reducing
Solid Waste. Internet: http://www.epa.gov/epaoswer/non-hw/reduce/catbook/index.htm.