1. If your student is taking allergy shots, do they have to contact UTMB on their own to make arrangements?
Students that require allergy injections should make arrangements with the contracted health service. The student is required to provide the allergy injection medication along with written instructions from their doctor.
2. If a family has medical insurance, do we still have to pay the $37.50 for the health service?
The University cannot waive mandatory fees. The Health Service fee is a mandatory fee.
3. What is the name of the hospital in this area?
The local hospital is the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston (UTMB) and is located at 301 University Blvd, Galveston, TX , 77555. The main contact number is 409-772-1011.
4. What does a student need to bring to the clinic to be seen by a doctor?
Only a student I.D. will be required by the clinic to be seen by a doctor. However, the Health Service Fee paid each semester by students is not an insurance plan, so some services may require proof of insurance.
5. Is there a nurse advice line for students to call when they are unsure of whether they need to go to the clinic?
Students may utilize the Health Care Hotline at 800-917-8906 when the clinic is closed to speak to a nurse who will provide advice and recommendations regarding appropriate access to care.