1. How do we go about accessing the Credit Union or local banks for out of state students?
Bank of America 1-800-299-2265
Frost Bank 409-763-1151
Guaranty Bank 409-763-6533
Hometown bank 409-763-1271
Moody National Bank 409-765-5561
Texas First Bank 409-744-6353
University Federal Credit Union 1-800-797-3300
Some of these banks may be represented at tables during the week prior to school starting.
2. Is there any type of limo service to get to the airport for out of town students?
Galveston Limousine Service 409-740-5466
3. How do you get a boat pass for my son? And is there a fee for that?
Boat stickers are available through the registration process much like a parking sticker for an automobile. Questions can be addressed to the Campus Police.
4. Are there opportunities for students to work either on campus or off campus?
Students interested in working on campus should check on the board outside of the Human Resources Office located in Building 3025. Off campus jobs are posted on a bulletin board in the Career Planning and Placement Office located in Room 108 in the Student Center.
5. Are all students allowed to use the P.E. facility?
All enrolled students have access to the P.E. Facility.
6. Regarding bus transportation, what is available for students on campus to go to town?
The city does provide bus service to the campus. You may contact Island Transit at 409-797-3900 for the schedule, or visit their website, http://www.islandtransit.net/.
Other than the city bus service, students are usually very adept at helping each other out. Students looking for a ride are encouraged to check with a roommate or suitemate, or other friend. If all else fails, a student may check with the Student Services Office to help coordinate a ride.