Academic Advising, Registration, Tutoring and Payment
1. What is the charge back amount if I use my Discover Card to pay for my classes?
Tuition payments made using a credit card are subject to a 1.905% convenience charge or a $3.00 minimum (whichever is greater).
2. When will the student register and when will they get their bill?
For the June conference, students register Wednesday and Thursday and will be able to access their bill online using the Myrecord website at the end of July.
For the August conferences, students will receive their bill at the completion of the registration process.
3. Is there any kind of progress report that the parent gets from the school prior to the semester ending?
Progress reports are best from your student. The school does not provide this information.
Students have access to an electronic system, known as MyRecord, to monitor grades, register for courses, update information, etc. Students may provide access to their parents simply by setting up a password. We suggest that you have your student set up a password on his/her MyRecord account for you so that you can get the information you want.
4. Is tutoring available on campus?
The Office of Academic Enhancement is located on the second floor of Mariner Hall. Group tutoring, personal tutoring and Supplemental Instruction are all offered through this office. Visit their website, http://www.tamug.edu/acen/.
5. Regarding academic advising, how much power does the student have to choose their own classes?
Students should consult with an academic advisor to ensure that course prerequisites are followed. Class days and times are at the student's preference from the class sections available.
6. Does the Library have the resources for students to complete their research for the core classes, not just the science based?
Absolutely. Beyond the resources available within the Library, several are available on line through various web sites. Have your student check with the Library.
7. Does the university provide Direct Deposit for refund checks?
Absolutely. Students can sign up for Direct Deposit for tuition and financial aid refunds online using the Myrecord website. Direct Deposit for payroll must be done through the payroll department.
8. Can payments be made using the debit card feature of a bank check card?
Bank check cards must be used as a credit card on campus. Debit features of these cards are not supported. Students will not have the option to get cash back during a transaction.
Tuition payments can be made with Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
The Bookstore accepts VISA, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.