OCSE Student Forms and Links

In accordance with the requirements of Catalogs 134 to the present, all students, both incoming and transfer, are initially classified as OCSL and must be promoted to OCSE before registering for Junior/Senior level engineering classes.

As written in the catalog:

Incoming Freshman Students who meet the University and college entrance requirements enter the Offshore & Coastal System Engineering program with a lower-division classification (OCSL), as do transfer students, regardless of the number of transfer hours.  Enrollment in junior- and senior-level engineering courses is restricted to students who have been moved from that lower division (OCSL) into the OCSE major degree sequence.  Admission to the major degree sequence requires that the student be in good academic standing and 

(1) have earned a C or better in all CBK courses (refer to catalog) and in MASE 221 (Engineering Mechanics: Statics);

(2) have received credit for ENGR 111 (Foundations of Engineering I) and 112 (Foundations of Engineering II), PHYS 208 (Electricity and Optics) and 218 (Mechanics), MASE 221 (Engineering Mechanics: Statics), MATH 151 (Engineering Mathematics I), 152 (Engineering Mathematics II) and 251 (Engineering Mathematics III) and MASE 100 (Intro. to Offshore and Coastal Engineering) (depending on the catalog the student came in under), and

(3) have achieved a CUMULATIVE grade point average of 2.5 or above, computed including all attempts at  those courses listed in (2) that were taken at Texas A&M.  Note:  per Catalog 137 "Students with a very large number of transfer credits will be handled on a case by case basis."

Procedure to change from OCSL to OCSE:

  • Submit a Change of Curriculum Form to your Advisor.

  • The Advisor will then use the official Departmental Spreadsheet for those in cataloges prior to Catalog 137 (for those in Catalog 137 and later Select Departmental Spreadsheet 137 & later) to assess the readiness for OCSE.  The spreadsheet will automatically calculate the 2.50 GPA (not to be rounded) for the courses listed in (2) above.   Grades earned in courses transferred from other institutions are NOT included in the calculation, but transfer substitution for courses listed in (2) must be approved and the signed substitution form must be on file and have been submitted to Admissions & Records before students are to be advanced to OCSE. 

  • The student will then be notified of decision for acceptance into the OCSE program.