New Student Conference on-campus housing is available to students only for the June 12-13, June 15-16, June 29-30, July 3, July 7, July 27-28, and August 11 conferences. The only students eligible to stay on-campus for the January or August 22-23 conference are those who have been awarded on-campus housing for the following semester. New Student Conference housing is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Family members should make their own lodging arrangements in the Galveston community. No parent or other family member will be allowed to stay in the TAMUG residence halls during New Student Conferences.
Please use the Conference Housing for Students and Conference Lodging for Families links to the side to aid you as you prepare for your New Student Conference.
1. Bed linens
All students attending their New Student Conference prior to August 22nd have the option to experience TAMUG residential life by staying in the residence halls during their conference. There is no need to notify us if you plan to stay on campus, as we have the ability to accommodate all students at the conference. Below is some important information for your arrival.
Information for Conference Housing Check-in:
1. Check-in for New Student Conference Housing will take place on the first morning of your conference in the Residence Life Office, which can be found in Pacific Hall. If you need to make arrangements for an early check-in because you are traveling from more than 3 hours away, please contact Residence Life at (409) 740-4445.
2. Room assignments during New Student Conferences will be made on a first-come, first-served basis. If you have someone you would like to room with during the conference, please make sure that you check-in at the same time.
3. The student must be present during housing check-in. Parents or other family members may not check in for their student.
4. Students will be placed into an empty residence hall, so please make sure to read the What To Bring list to the side before you come.
4. REMINDER: No Parents or other family members will be allowed to stay in the residence halls during their student's New Student Conference.
Parents and other family members are not allowed to stay in the TAMUG Residence Halls during New Student Conferences. Fortunately, Galveston Island has many great options to offer.
Whether you are on a budget or want to make your stay into a luxury vacation. There is an extensive list of hotel accommodations through the Galveston.com website. We hope you enjoy your stay on the island!