Welcome to Pythagoras download section.
The program and
components can be easily installed by downloading a series of 14 setup
Pythagoras may be freely distributed to
anyone interested. If you have comments and suggestions about the
program, please email Glenn Gailey.
Processor: 75 MHz
Memory (RAM): 32 MB
Hard Drive Space: 20
Processor: 266 MHz
Memory (RAM): 64 MB
Hard Drive Space: 50
GIS Software (Arc
Info, Surfer, MapInfo)
Files (15.2 MB) for version 1.2:
Download Pythagoras Manual
Download & Setup Instructions
1) Download all setup files (1-14); hold the
Shift key and click on the file if you have difficulty downloading
2) Check to ensure all downloaded files (1-14) are
in the same directory.
3) Double click on setup.exe to start the setup
process (initially, Pythagoras needs a large amount
– approximately 90 MB - of hard drive space to install data access components
that may not be on your system. Once installed, Pythagoras should take
up less the 10 MB.
4) Follow the instructions from the setup
5) Start Pythagoras from Windows' Start Menu after
6) Create a new Pythagoras Station Settings File.
7) Create a new Pythagoras data gathering database.
Update Program Files
Once Pythagoras and program components have been installed, updates
can be easily made by simply downloading the executable portion of the
program with the help file.
[Pythagoras.exe] v. 1.2