Amanda L. Wood PE., Ph.D
Assistant Department Head & Instructional Assistant Professor
Tel: (409) 741 - 4015
Fax: (409) 741 - 7153
Education & Awards
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas, May 2010
Ph. D., Civil Engineering , Area of concentration: Water Resources
Dissertation: “Modeling free-surface flows with a steep wave front by an ADI finite-difference scheme in a curvilinear coordinate system.”
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas, December 2000
Master of Science, Civil Engineering
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas, May 1997
Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering
FELLOWSHIPS/HONORS AND AWARDS
- Awarded the Ambrose Malloy Endowed Scholarship for the 2008-2009 Academic Year
- Recipient of the GAANN Fellowship in Infrastructure Engineering, 2005- 2010
- Recipient of the Graduate Tuition Fellowship, 2005-2010
- Recipient of the Graduate Tuition Grant-Engineering, 2005-2010
- Awarded Best of Session (Hydraulics) in the fall 2007 ASCE Texas Section Meeting in Fort Worth, TX.
- Recipient of the Southwestern Bell Telephone Company Scholarship
Employment, Certifications, Publications
August 2012 – Present Assistant Department Head & Instructional Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University at Galveston, Maritime Systems Engineering Department
March 2012 – August 2012 Assistant Department Head & Lecturer, Texas A&M University at Galveston, Maritime Systems Engineering Department
January 2010 – February 2012 Lecturer, Texas A&M University at Galveston, Maritime Systems Engineering Department
May 2005 – December 2010 Research Assistant, University of Houston Main Campus, Civil & Environmental Engineering Department
January 2000 – 2004 Engineer, Harris County Public Infrastructure Department Engineering Division, Engineering Design Section
Licensed Texas Professional Engineer - since January 2003
Horrillo, J.J., A.L. Wood, C. Williams, A. Parambath, and G.-B. Kim, 2010. Construction of tsunami inundation maps in the Gulf of Mexico, Tech. Rep, National Tsunami Hazard Mitigation Program (NTHMP), National Weather Service Program Office, NOAA.
Wood, A. L., and Wang, K.-H. (2007). "2D Dam-Break Analysis: MacCormack Scheme Based Curvilinear Hydrodynamic Model " Texas Section ASCE- Hydraulic Session, Fall Meeting, American Society of Civil Engineers, Fort Worth, Texas.
Wood, A. L., and Wang, K.-H. (2008). "Simulation of Free-Surface Flows in a Curvilinear Coordinate System." Texas Section ASCE- Hydraulic Session, Spring Meeting, American Society of Civil Engineers, Corpus Cristi, Texas.
Wood, A. L., and Wang, K.-H. (2008). "Modeling Free Surface Flows with a Steep Wave Front by an ADI Finite-Difference Scheme in a Curvilinear Coordinate System." Inaugural International Conference of the Engineering Mechanics Institute, Minneapolis, Minnesota.