Dr. Wyndylyn von Zharen
Texas A&M University at Galveston
P.O. Box 1675
Galveston, Texas 77553
• Wildlife Law and Ethics (MARS 645) – (2011)
• Environmental Law (MARS 610/MARA 470) – Credit 3.
• International and Federal Environmental Legal Regimes (MARS 676/OCNG 676) – Credit 3. (2010)
• Invasive Species: Vectors, Impacts, Theories, and Management (MARS 648) – Credit 3. (2008)
• Environmental Management Strategies for Scientists (MARS 675/OCNG 675) – Credit 2. (2008)
• International Environmental Business Transactions and Ethics (MARS 620) – Credit 3. (2007)
• Environmental Administrative Law (MARS 640) – Credit 3. (2006)
• LL.M., University of Texas: Coastal and Ocean Law/Admiralty Law
• J.D., University of South Carolina: Admiralty Law/International Law (Strom Thurmond Fellowship)
• Post-Doctoral Research: Anthropology/Marine Archeology, Furman University
• Ed .D., University of Florida: Anthropology/Marine Archeology for University Teaching
• M.Ed., University of Florida: Anthropology/Marine Archeology Emphasis
• B.A., University of Florida: Anthropology/Marine Archeology
• Negotiation Program: Harvard Law School
• Studies in Admiralty and International Law and Toxic Torts, University of Houston School of Law
• Environmental and Natural Resources Litigation, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
Additional Study and Certificates:
• Incident Command System, Levels 200-400, U.S. Coast Guard
• International Standards Organization Certification, RBA (Registration Board for Assessors) Accreditation
• International Maritime Organization’s International Safety Management Code, American Bureau of Shipping
• Alternative Dispute Resolution: Mediation, National Mediation Services
- Study of Mammalian Populations
-Commerical Fisheries of the United States and Canada
-Anthropogenic Stressors on Marine Ecosystems
- Implementation of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) including the ISO 14000 Series
- The Cumulative Effect of Multiple Stressors on a Marine Ecosystem
- Assessment of the Impact of Fish Stock Recovery on the Gulf of Mexico Coastal Fishing Communities
- Poaching: The Problem, the Reasons and the Reduction Thereof
Introduction to The Commercial Fisheries of the United States and Canada, 2012 Edition, Canadian Marine Publications, 2012.
ISO 14000: Positioning Your Organization for Environmental Success, Government Institutes Press, 2001, 550 pp. (ISBN: 0-86587-819-6).
The ISO 14001: Self-Study Course – Self-paced, Measurable Learning about EMS) (based on ISO 14000: Positioning Your Organization for Environmental Success), Government Institutes Press, 2001, 500 pp. (PC#0028).
ISO 14000: Understanding the Environmental Standards, Government Institutes Press, 1996, 213 pp. (ISBN: 0-86587-510-3); Chinese translation, 1998, Gau Lih Book Co.