Information Literacy Resources
Archives and Special Collections
Want to know what's on Reserve? Check the Library Catalog at ClipperCat's Reserves
To place materials on Reserve please fill out the RESERVES FORM
- When done, click Submit Form in the upper right corner of the form.
- The form will then be emailed to Michael Sweeney. If you have questions you can contact Michael at 409.740.4564 or email@example.com.
Contact Michael Sweeney at the Front Desk or call 409.740.4564 if you have any questions about putting materials on Reserve.
If you wish to put only Library materials on Reserve please fill out our Reserves Request Form.
Reserve materials are available only for the semester in which the class is taught. To retain materials for a successive semester please contact Michael Sweeney for instructions.
For large classes where more than one copy of a title is needed, a limited number of paper copies may be made available consistent with fair use and copyright provisions.
To allow sufficient time for acquiring and processing materials:
- Please submit the reserves list for each course at least 2 weeks before the start of the term.
- Once classes have begun, please allow at least 2 business days for processing new/additional course reserve requests.
When placing items on reserve:
- Include the full bibliographic citation for published works
- The loan period for each item is 2-hours
- Identify items in the same manner as in your syllabus
- Paper copies submitted for scanning into an electronic format:
- should be on 8.5" x 11" paper
- contain no holes or staples
- have at least a one half inch margin on all 4 sides
The following materials may be placed on Reserve:
- TAMU library books
- Personal copies of books (supplied by instructors)
- Solutions, handbooks, lecture notes, class readings, etc. (supplied by instructors)
- Exams/quizzes from previous semesters (supplied by instructors)
- Course syllabi
- Lab materials