Information Literacy Resources
Archives and Special Collections
TAMUG JKW LIBRARY
KINDLE INFORMATION SHEET
List of items loaned:
2] USB Cable
3] Power Adapter
5] Carrying Case
6] Getting Started Guide
- Kindle loan is 14 days; no renewal. If ten (10) days overdue, a $10 Late/Lost-Item
- Processing Fee will be assessed.
- Borrower is responsible for repairs/replacement.
- Return Kindle IN PERSON at JKW Williams Library Circulation Desk.
- DO NOT PLACE IN BOOKDROP.
Downloading FREE e-books to the Kindle
- You can search for free downloadable e-books directly from the Kindle 2 or Kindle DX.
- Select ‘Turn Wireless On’ if it is not already selected. On the Experimental screen
- select ‘Basic Web.’
- Press Menu and select ‘Enter URL’
- Enter the web address and press the 5-way controller to go to the desired website
- You can use the Next Page and Previous Page buttons to navigate through the
- pages of a website. Links are displayed as underlined words and can be selected
- using the 5-way controller.
- Project Gutenberg: http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page
- Feedbooks: http://www.feedbooks.com/
- Munseys: http://www.munseys.com/site/home
- World Public Library: http://worldpubliclibrary.org/
*Note: Once you have downloaded the books you want to read to the Kindle 2/DX
remember to turn the wireless feature off to help to extend the life of the battery.
Information Literacy Handouts by Texas A&M University at Galveston is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.