Human Resources Home
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The TAMUG Office of Human Resources is responsible for broad range assistance for all employees, departments and consulting service to campus leadership in the following areas:
- Recruiting assistance for all campus job openings which includes online posting of positions; employment background and reference checks; and, new employee orientation. This also includes Student employment.
- Compensation administration which includes job classification and reclassifications; general pay plan administration; salary surveys; and, interpretation of compensation related laws, regulations and university rules.
- Benefit program administration of Group Insurance Plans, Retirement, Leave Policy interpretation and administration of the Family Medical Leave Act.
- Employee Relations on employee work related concerns; guidance on progressive discipline and termination processes; System and University policy guidance interpretation; and, supervisory/management consultation.
- Employee and Supervisory Training through a series of workshops designed to further develop and enhance personal/professional growth. Employee Climate surveys conducted periodically serve as one the basis for program development.
- Compliance oversight of certain State mandated training, dual employment requirements, AAP Planning and Reporting, and other state required reporting.
P. O. Box 1675, Bldg. 3027, Room 123, Mitchell Campus, Galveston, TX 77553
409-740-4532 (Phone) * 409-740-5005 (Fax)
Questions regarding these services or other personnel related matters should be directed to the Office of Human Resources by phone or email at email@example.com
WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
The HR team is committed to providing excellent service. Please share your comments, suggestions or evalution of your experience with HR by clicking on the FEEDBACK button below. Your comments are appreciated and strictly confidential.