Galveston Graduate Student Association
Graduate Studies Vehicle
All applications for admission to Texas A&M University at Galveston graduate programs shall be submitted through http://www.ApplyTexas.org. All additional admissions materials should be submitted to the Office of Admissions and Records at Texas A&M University at Galveston. The decision to admit an applicant to a program of study leading to a graduate degree is the shared responsibility of the program’s admission committee, academic department and/or intercollegiate faculty (where applicable) and Texas A&M University at Galveston.
Required Admissions Credentials for Graduate Programs
- Completed graduate application
- Application fee of $50 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents or $90 for international applicants.
- Official transcripts from every senior-level institution of higher education attended. *
- Official English translation of all transcripts in other languages. *
- Official GRE or GMAT scores from ETS taken within five years of the date the application was received. **
- Official TOEFL scores, if necessary, taken within the last two years. ***
* In some foreign countries, the controller of examinations or principal may certify academic records. Transcripts or mark sheets (consolidated mark sheets are not considered official) certified by the U.S. Embassy or other recognized agencies will be accepted. Official English translations, not interpretations, are required from most countries.
** Tests should be taken at least eight weeks prior to the appropriate application deadline to ensure timely receipt and processing of results. We will use your highest test score from one test date. Make sure to check with your program to verify which entrance exam is required (GRE or GMAT).
*** Proof of English proficiency is required for all students whose native language is not English. This can be satisfied by a minimum TOEFL score of 550 for paper-based testing (p-BT), 213 computer-based testing (c-BT), 80 internet-based testing (i-BT), a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 overall band or by receiving a baccalaureate degree with all four years of attendance at a U.S. college or university.