Outside Scholarship Opportunities
Wrought Iron Art Scholarship (deadline: Dec 1, 2013)
Create-A-Greeting-Card Scholarship Contest (deadline: January 15, 2014)
Wrought Iron Art Scholarship
Art Metal Workshop Inc will be giving $1,000 to two students, pursuing further education beyond a high school level, as part of the 'Wrought Iron Art Scholarship' program!
- Eligibility is for any student currently enrolled in the school year of 2013/2014 at any college, university, trade or technical school within the United States or Canada. Students must maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 3.0 (or the equivalent).
- Students must be 16 years or older at the time of enrollment.
- Must be a Canadian/American citizen or hold a valid student visa.
- Winning participants will be required to submit a photo for promotional purposes.
Eligible students must submit an essay written around one of the two following questions:
- The modern use of wrought iron metals in residential construction?
- The evolution of wrought iron processing/use through 19th - 20th century.
The top two essays will be chosen based on originality and creativity, but must also include:
- A title.
- A minimum of 500 words in length with a maximum of 3,000.
- Proper citation of any and all research material used.
Each applicant may only submit one essay for consideration. Submissions should be sent via e-mail along with a cover letter including: legal name, mailing address, telephone number, a brief biography and the name of the school to email@example.com
*Submitted essays will become the property of Art Metal Workshop Inc. Art Metal Workshop Inc may use your name, image, and biographical information in promotional efforts related to the Art Metal Workshop Inc marketing campaigns.
The deadline for essay submissions is Dec 1, 2013.
Create-A-Greeting-Card Scholarship Contest
Entrants must submit a unique photo, piece of artwork, or computer graphic for the front of a greeting card. The entrant with the best design will win a $10,000 scholarship and have his/her design made into an actual card to be sold in our line.
Current student or active member of the United States Military
Only 1 entry per person is allowed
Submit photo, artwork or computer graphic for the front of a greeting card
Designs should be appropriate for business and consumer use.
Photo, art or graphics submitted must be your own original work/creation
Mailed entries should not exceed 16" x 23" and the preferred format is horizontal
Visit http://www.gallerycollection.com/greeting-cards-scholarship.htm to enter online and view past winners
Contest submissions accepted from March 18, 2013 - January 15, 2014