Center for Marine Training and Safety
Communications, Marketing and Media Relations
Research & Graduate Studies
Sea Camp and Outreach
Texas A&M Maritime Academy
Houston Big Game Fishing Club Scholarship Program
The Houston Big Game Fishing Club Scholarship Trust has been established to provide financial aid to qualified students who plan to attend a Texas University or College. The Board of Directors and Scholarship Committee will award scholarships in annual amounts up to $2,000 for the payment of tuition, campus housing or other university or college expenses. Scholarships will be awarded in such amounts and to such students as will be determined at the Club’s discretion.
• The candidate for a scholarship must be a High School or GED graduate. Preference will be given to students who are pursuing degrees in marine sciences or conservation. The candidate must be accepted at a recognized University or College in the State of Texas and pursue a course of study leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree. The minimum enrollment requirement is 12 hours per semester.
• The personal qualifications which will be considered will include, but not be limited to, evidence of general aptitude and ability in the area of study, the character of the candidate, and his or her previous academic accomplishments. We will also consider the candidates relative need for the award when compared with that of other candidates.
Completed scholarship applications must be received by the Chairman of the Houston Big Game Fishing Club Scholarship Trust by July 1, 2014. A 2014 Scholarship Application Form is attached below. If you have any questions, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS TO APPLICATION
• Transcript of your high school and/or college records.
• Letter which should include the following (limited to two pages double spaced):A list of the names, addresses and positions of three (3) people familiar with your character and academic qualifications that you have asked to write recommendations on your behalf. These people should be either an advisor or other school official or someone well acquainted with you personally.
1. Explanation of your choice of university or college.
2. Explanation of your choice of proposed degree.
3. Explanation of the financial need for this award.
Letters of recommendation should include character, personality and ability testimonials, as well as a description of your scholastic and extra-curricular activities. These letters should be written and mailed directly to:
Chairman of the Houston Big Game Fishing Club Scholarship Trust
7819 Broadway, Suite 100
Galveston, Texas 77554
Letters of recommendation and scholarship applications that are received by the Chairman later than July 1, 2014 will not be given consideration.
You may download the Scholarship Application Form in PDF format.
The deadline for application is July 1, 2014.