Abe and Peggy Levy Fellowship
Above: 2012-2013 recipients and Levy Foundation Board at the Spring 2013 Levy Dinner
The Abe and Peggy J. Levy Foundation will provide up to $10,000 per academic year for a maximum of four years for up to four outstanding students each year. Please read the conditions listed below before applying. This program is available only for Texas Residents who are first-time freshman at Texas A&M University at Galveston and is based upon your academic background and goals. Financial need is not considered.
The Abe and Peggy J. Levy Foundation will have access to all information submitted in your application file, including your high school transcript(s), test scores, and all written materials. This program does not, and will not, discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, condition of handicap, veteran or disabled veteran status.
Conditions for Award:
1. Carry a FULL-TIME course load and complete AT LEAST 12 credit hours per semester.
2. Maintain academic grades of at least a "B" average each semester, which equates to a 3.00 Grade Point Ratio (GPR). Failure to produce grades satisfactory to the Foundation, and with no extenuating circumstances warranting consideration, will mean that you will be placed on probation for the next semester. Should an improvement in grades not be evident at the end of that semester, you may be dropped from the program.
3. Abide by the rules and regulations of your college or university as defined by the Administration and be in good standing at all times with the school.
4. Keep the Foundation notified of your mailing address and report any changes in your personal circumstances which may affect your ability to attend college.
5. Advise the Foundation after registration each semester of the courses in which you are enrolled, and notify the Foundation immediately of dropping a course or withdrawal from the University.
6. The fellowship may be used for undergraduate work at Texas A&M University at Galveston only.
7. You must be a resident of the State of Texas.
8. Fellowships which are not applied to the purpose for which they are awarded must be returned to the Foundation.
9. If awarded this fellowship and a combination of awards which totals more than the resident Cost of Attendance: awards must be reduced, starting with University awarded scholarships and, if necessary, this fellowship.
10. If awarded this fellowship, you should write a thank you letter to:
Abe and Peggy J. Levy Foundation
c/o Keith McFatridge, Jr.
2228 Ship’s Mechanic Row, Suite 100
Galveston, TX 77550