S.E.A. Living Learning Community
Intro. to Scientific Diving
Introduction to Scientific Diving
Going to use diving in your research?
Introduction to Scientific Diving needs to be in your degree plan. Learn the proper techniques to do delicate work on protected sites through drills that will build you into a great diver. Through completion of this class, you will be able to volunteer for NOAA and Texas Parks and Wildlife on trips to the Texas Flower Gardens and other institutions that require AAUS certification.
This class is only offered during Spring semester.
Certifications Received When Completed in Conjunction with Introduction to Research Methods
• NAUI Master Diver
• AAUS Scientific Diver
• NSS/CDS Cavern Diver
• NAUI Nitrox Diver
• NAUI CPR, AED, SFA, BBP, E-O2, Aquatic Injuries
• NAUI Master Diver Booklet
• NAUI (Nitrox and Air) & NAVY (Air) Dive Tables
• DAN Diving Insurance (or equivalent)
• Weight Belt & Weight
• Underwater Timing Device
• 2 Dive Lights (Primary and Secondary)
• Wetsuit (recommend at least 5mm, 7mm is best)