International Student Services
Howdy and welcome to the International Student Services (ISS) webpage for International Sea Aggies. The purpose of this page is to provide information that is unique for international students attending Texas A&M University at Galveston. Some of the most important pages you will need to review on the College Station ISS website are the following (listed alphabetically):
- Current Students – This is a general page with links to several important resources for current students.
- Employment – Find out how to get a Social Security endorsement, apply for off-campus work authorization, and much more!
- Health Insurance – Find out more about the mandatory insurance requirements.
- How to Obtain an I-20 or DS-2019 – Find out what you need to submit to ISS in order to get your initial I-20 or DS-2019.
- Immigration Regulations – Find links to information about how to maintain your F-1 or J-1 status.
- ISS Events – You are encouraged and welcome to attend all events on the College Station campus.
- New Students – This is a general page with links to several important resources for new students.
- Proof of Financial Resources for I-20/DS-2019 – Certain requests, including the initial I-20 and DS-2019, require you to submit proof of financial resources to ISS. Find out what we will accept.
- Tax Information – As an international student, you do have to file taxes.
- Visa and Travel – Before you plan to depart the U.S., make sure you review this page. If you are in F-1 or J-1 status, make sure you have a valid travel signature on your I-20 or DS-2019!
Get up-to-date immigration information by signing up for the ISS listserv. And new, just for you, join the Facebook Page for ISS TAMUG! ISS also has a Twitter account you can follow!
24/7 Round-the-Clock Support
- If you experience an emergency that may impact your immigration status during business hours (8:00am – 5:00pm), please call the ISS office at 979-845-1824.
you experience an emergency that may impact your immigration status
outside of business hours (5:00pm – 8:00am), please call the ISS emergency
phone at 979-255-6005.
- If your situation is not an emergency, you will be asked to call the ISS office during the next available business day.
Can't find the information you're looking for on our website? Have other questions? Feel free to email us at email@example.com (with subject: 'TAMUG'), or give us a call at (979) 845-1824.
Thanks and gig’em!