Because the ISS office serves the needs of over 4,600 international students, it takes us approximately 5 to 20 business days to process a complete request, so plan accordingly! Do not expect any request to be processed immediately. In the same regard, we may not respond to your email within the same day, but we will respond. The ISS office strives to respond to all emails and process all requests in the timeliest manner possible.
Any time you submit a request to ISS, you must complete section 1 of this Service Request Form and submit it with your paperwork. You can email, fax or mail your documents to ISS. When submitting document requests, please be sure to include the following information in addition to any forms or documentation required:
- Copy of most recent I-94 card (front and back),
- Copy of most recent I-20 or DS-2019,
- Copy of current visa,
- Copy of passport ID and expiration page.
Need ISS authorization to enroll at another institution? Check out our Online Letter Request System. Simply enter all appropriate information and submit. ISS will issue a letter granting you authorization to enroll at the other school if you are eligible.
Whenever you submit a request to ISS, you have the following options for obtaining any documents generated as a result of your request:
- You can visit the ISS office to pick-up the document(s).
- You may ask ISS to mail the document(s) to you by regular mail (domestic or international), but keep in mind that this could take quite a while to reach you. To do so, send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the correct mailing address.
- You may authorize a friend to pick up the document(s) on your behalf. To do so, send your friend an e-mail from your TAMU e-mail account granting them permission to pick up your document(s). Your friend should print the e-mail you send them and bring it with them to ISS when they want to pick up the document(s).
- You may use the eShipGlobal service to have your document(s) express mailed to you through either DHL or FedEx at your own expense. To do so, visit https://study.eshipglobal.com (do not visit DHL or FedEx directly). You will be required to create a user name and password to set up an account. To request shipment, you will need your TAMU UIN, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card information. If you have questions about how to use this service, review the Help section of the eShipGlobal website or e-mail email@example.com.