International Student Services
New Student Check In
All new international students, including those admitted to the Texas A&M University at Galveston campus, are required to complete the Online Orientation associated with their respective starting semester. You are required to complete the Online Orientation and Check-In before you can register for classes for your first semester.
To complete the ISS Check-In process, you are not required to schedule a Check-In appointment through the online Check-In Registration System accessible after completing the Online Orientation, nor are you required to visit the College Station campus. You are permitted to complete a remote Check-In process.
To complete the remote Check-In process:
- Schedule a time to meet with Dr. Kenyatta Y. Dawson. Send her an email (email@example.com) with your name and UIN or give her a call (409-740-4582) to schedule the appointment.
- Bring all immigration documents you have to your Check-in appointment with Dr. Dawson. For a list of documents that you should bring with you to your Check-In appointment, please visit the Check-In webpage where documents are listed at the bottom of the page.
- During your remote Check-In, you will complete some paperwork and make copies of your immigration documents.
- Dr. Dawson will submit copies of the completed documents and immigration paperwork to the ISS liaison.
- Once the Check-In documents are received and reviewed by ISS, your registration hold will be removed.