International Student Services
New Student Check In
All new international students, including those admitted to the Texas A&M University at Galveston campus, are required to complete the Online Orientation associated with their respective starting semester. You are required to complete the Online Orientation and Check-In before you can register for classes for your first semester.
To complete the ISS Check-In process, you are not required to schedule a Check-In appointment through the online Check-In Registration System accessible after completing the Online Orientation, nor are you required to visit the College Station campus. You are permitted to complete a remote Check-In process at Texas A&M at Galveston.
To complete the remote Check-In process:
- Schedule a time to meet with Mr. Ken Bailey. Send him an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name and UIN or give him a call (409-740-4725) to schedule the appointment.
- Bring all immigration documents you have to your Check-in appointment with Mr. Bailey. For a list of documents that you should bring with you to your Check-In appointment, please visit the Check-In webpage where documents are listed under the "Registration Holds" tab or contact Mr. Bailey.
- During your remote Check-In, you will complete some paperwork and make copies of your immigration documents.
- Mr. Bailey will submit copies of the completed documents and immigration paperwork to the ISS liaison in College Station.
- Once the Check-In documents are received and reviewed by ISS at College Station, your registration hold will be removed.