WebEx at Texas A&M Galveston
WebEx is now available for the Students, Faculty and Staff members.
WebEx is an online meeting tool that allows you to conduct meetings with remote attendees in real time with immediate interaction. The software is compatible with Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X, and some Linux operating systems as well as iOS and Android for mobile devices. A full set of system requirements can be viewed here.
WebEx For Students
Students will be utilizing the WebEx Instance available through the TAMU system.
- Go to http://tamu-cs-student.webex.com.
- Click the Log In button on the upper right side of the screen. Log in with your NetID and password to the standard Central Authentication Service login page. Students can host meetings for as many as 8 participants.
- For further instructions please go here.
WebEx for Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff will be utilizing the TAMUG WebEx Instance
- Email Helpdesk@tamug.edu requesting your TAMUG WebEx account. Once it's created you will be contacted with further instructions.
- Once you have your account, go to http://tamug.webex.com.
- Click the Log In button on the upper right side of the screen. Log in with your NetID and password to the standard Central Authentication Service login page. Faculty and staff can host meetings for as many as 500 participants.
- To install Cisco's WebEx on a Mobile Device
Training and WebEx Resources
- Ciscos's WebEx How-To Videos can be found at https://www.webex.com/how-to/index.html.
- Cisco's WebEx user guides for more advanced uses of WebEx can be found at https://www.webex.com/support/getting-started.html.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE IS A PROBLEM?
For any issue, please contact IS at 409-740-4714 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having issues logging in due to incorrect NetID credentials, go to http://gateway.tamu.edu/ to resolve the issue.