You will not be able to download or install the client from the TAMUG Campus Network.
The AnyConnect VPN client is a product developed by Cisco that allows users to connect to the Texas A&M at Galveston VPN (virtual private network). A VPN is a network that uses the Internet to securely connect a device to Texas A&M at Galveston's network, allowing access to resources that are typically not available off campus. The following information is needed to set up the AnyConnect VPN Client for Windows:
• Username: Your NetID
• Password: Your NetID Password
1. To install the pre-configured VPN client, start by going to https://vpn.tamug.edu. Here you will need to log in with your NetID and your NetID password [fig 01]. If you are unable to log in using your NetID and password, you will need to contact Help Desk Central at 979.845.8300 for further assistance.
Note: The group field only has one options and should be ignored.
[fig 01 - AnyConnect Site]
2. The site will then attempt to automatically install and configure the AnyConnect client [fig 02].
o If you are utilizing a browser that supports ActiveX, you will be asked via a small prompt at the top of the page if you would like to “Allow” or “Deny” the current page to use the ActiveX plug-in. Clicking on Allow will install and run the VPN client and you may proceed to step 5.
o If you browser is incompatible with ActiveX, or if you chose to “Deny” the page from running the script, the setup will proceed to try to install the client through Java. This method requires that you have a compatible version of Java install on your machine, http://java.com/, and you may have to allow Java to run [fig 02].
[fig 02 - Java Security Prompt]
3. If everything goes well, the AnyConnect client should download, install, configure, and connect itself. If you're connection is established successfully, you're done. If not, you will be prompted to manually download the client. Click Windows Desktop to manually download the client [fig 03].
[fig 03 - Manual Download]
4. Open the file. You may be prompted to allow the program to run. If so, click Run [fig 04].
[fig 04 - Windows Security Warning]
5. Once the installer is running, follow the on screen prompts to install the client [fig 05].
[fig 05 - AnyConnect Installer]
6. Once the AnyConnect client is running, enter vpn.tamug.edu and click Connect [fig 06].
[fig 06 - Ready to Connect]
7. Enter your NetID credentials and click OK [fig 07].
[fig 07 - Enter Credentials]
8. You may see a connection status window [fig 08]. If not, don't worry; the AnyConnect client sometimes minimizes this window upon successfully connecting.
[fig 08 - Successfully Connected]