Web accessibility means that people with disabilities can read, navigate, and contribute on the Web.
Texas A&M University implemented a Web Accessibility Policy for all University Web pages used to conduct core University business or academic activities.
This website, was also created to provide a central place for Web accessibility guidelines, tutorials, forms, and services available to the TAMUG community.
All new and redesigned University Web pages published, are required to be in compliance with Section I of the Web Accessibility Technical Guidelines, unless granted an exception under Article IV by the ADA Coordinator in the Office for Inclusion and Intercultural Initiatives.
TAMUG websites must do the following to provide equal access to information, materials, programs, and services for all users regardless of ability:
• Establish eligibility criteria for technology and Web-based services or participation in programs and activities that will not screen out or tend to screen out qualified individuals with disabilities, unless such limitations are necessary to meet the essential objectives of the program.
• Supply the same or equally effective benefits, services, and programs for all users of the Web-based environment.
• Use electronic and information technologies that allow all Web users to have comparable access to and use of information and data.
• Provide all members of the public seeking information or services the same access to and use of information and data.
• Provide alternative programs and services of the World Wide Web for qualified individuals with disabilities only where the alternatives are necessary to make the programs and services equally as effective as those provided to other users.