IS Policies Staff Members Our Commitment Feedback IS Responsibilities TAMUG Accessibility IS Organizational Chart
Identity Finder Settings For Workstations Phone Instructions Residence Halls Internet Support Report a Computer Lab Problem Equipment Available For Checkout Faculty and Instructional Support Parking Permit Registration and Info Resetting Your NetID Password TAMU Google Account Wireless (Wi-Fi)
How Do I?
In Case of Campus Closure FAQ's For Staff and Faculty Setup a New Employee Protect Your Computer Software Downloads How To Check Email How to Print
Excel and Word Class Turtle Cam Sealife Ship Automation Lecture Ship Automation Labs Ike Dike Presentation Chat Page Rules PDF Construction Site TAMUG
In Case of Campus Closure
To continue working in case of campus closures in an emergency situation please follow these guidelines:
- Make sure your contact information is correct.
- Make sure you know your NetID and password.
- Make a list of the tools you will need for off campus.
- Make sure you have current contact information for your students.
- Let your students know how you will be communicating with them.
- Tools needed
- Make sure you can access the Howdy portal. https://howdy.tamu.edu/cp/home/displaylogin
- The web address for email is: mail.tamug.edu
- If the Howdy portal is not available for access to BlackboardVista (WebCT) use this link elearning.tamu.edu
- If you are going to be working from home and need access to the shared drives BARA and ATLANTIC, please make sure you can download and install the Cisco VPN client to access the shared drive. Follow this link to download the client and get information on mapping to a shared drive. Download VPN Client
- Is Microsoft Office or other office type software installed on your off campus computer? Is it compatible with the documents or databases you use at work?
- Make sure you have all of the files you need on a removable medium (CD, DVD, Flash Drive, etc.)
- If you have reserve material, will it be available to your students online?
- Will you have any special software/hardware needs?
- Make sure all sensitive files are not accessible by unauthorized individuals.
- Make sure you have antivirus and antispyware applications installed on your off campus computer.
- Make sure you have permission to remove any sensitive files from campus either physically or electronically.