Guidelines For The Sending of Aggnews
Aggnews provides announcements concerning the Texas A&M Galveston campus via email. It is our policy to keep all faculty, staff and students on it so we can quickly reach them with important information. We are trying to carefully balance what we release to ensure that it is information that is timely, brief and of interest to a large group of the community.
These are the guidelines that we use to determine when an Aggnews message is appropriate.
Submissions for Aggnews must be received no later than 10:00 a.m. on the day they are to appear. Early submissions are encouraged. If you miss the 10.00am deadline we ask that you please call frontdesk 740-4714 and notify us so we can send your aggnews. Aggnews is normally distributed between 9:00am and 10.00am daily.
1. The message is related to university business such as information from official clubs, organizations and departments of the university. Aggnews is NOT for posting jobs.
2. The information needs to be quickly distributed. This includes items such as announcement of an event or a time sensitive situation like the bridge closing for repairs.
3. The item should be of interest to a significant percent of the people who will receive it. We can send messages to just staff, faculty, students or any combination of these groups. Please be sure to "note" in the first line of your email who the message should be sent to.
4. We will not include attachments or embedded pictures in the Aggnews emails.
5. Anyone that has attachments or embedded clip art or pdf newsletters that needs to be sent via Aggnews; first contact Thea Monnier at firstname.lastname@example.org and Communicaitons Office: email@example.com they can assist you in creating a webpage with your images/clipatrt/pdf files. Once a webpage has been created, please create your announcement and send your message and the url directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Faculty and Staff with announcements/events to have sent via Aggnews should send the email to be distributed to email@example.com.
7. Students with announcements/events to have sent via Aggnews should be forwarded to Todd Sutherland (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Shelly Fordyce (email@example.com) in the Student Activities office before submitting to Aggnews. It will be reviewed by their office then forwarded to Aggnews to be distributed.
8. The document should be proofed and spell-checked before submission for accuracy. Aggnews is not responsible for errors.
If it does not meet the above criteria, and does not need to be quickly distributed then it can be distributed via a bulletin board or other publications in one of our campus newsletters.
Only one Aggnews will be sent for an event, reminders or multiple notices will not be sent. PLEASE DO NOT ASK.
Campus wide voice mail messages will only be used for emergencies.
The Computer Services Coordinator will review ALL Aggnews requests based on these criteria. If she feels it doesn’t meet these criteria she will forward it to the Director of Information Services, who will normally determine when an Aggnews is appropriate. If there is any question, he will forward the message to the Executive Associate Vice President/Associate vice President for Student Affairs for a determination.
For more information, contact:
HELPDESK at 409-740-4480 or x4480
IS Front Desk at 409-740-4714 or x4714
Report Broken Links: