Why Compliance Matters to Me:
Compliance is a willingness to follow a prescribed course of action, such as laws and regulations. Compliance is not about policing people’s behavior; it is about constantly striving to understand our many and varied obligations and follow them. The myriad of compliance requirements that span TAMUGs activities significantly impact the mission of teaching, research, and service.
Staff Compliance Resources and Responsibilities:
Every staff member has different compliance obligations that impact on their role, depending on the precise nature of their work. While not all of the following compliance responsibilities may be part of your regular duties, it is important to have an awareness so that you may identify them and initiate actions should they arise:
- Be aware of relevant governance, rules, and procedures communicated through the University Rules and SAPs library.
- Enhances the culture of compliance at TAMUG by staying current on employee required trainings. (System Regulation 33.05.02)
- Protect student records in accordance with FERPA.
- Practice fair and consistent hiring, promotion, discipline, and termination practices.
- Maintain a healthy and safe work environment with inspections, resources, and training.
- Be knowledgeable of resources and services available to students in need of assistance.
- Follow the University's cash handling procedures to prevent losses. Click here for additional cash handling procedures.
- Follow the University’s disbursement guidelines (vouchering, purchasing cards, HUB purchases, employee reimbursements, etc.)
- Follow the leave practices and documentation requirements relevant to your employment.
- Notify the University of your needs related to Disabilities
- Review export controls before traveling or shipping items to foreign countries.
- Report suspected instances of risk, fraud, and misconduct.
- Follow state and university requirements related to planning campus programs for minors.
- Familiarized yourself with campus safety and emergency procedures.
- Maintain awareness of crime risks around campus by reviewing TAMUG Annual Security Report (Clery Act).