Summer and Fall 2014 Registration Information
Don't miss your opportunity to register for the best available courses!
The 2014 Summer and Fall course schedules are available for online viewing in the Howdy Portal. To view TAMUG class offerings, select Schedule of Classes in the My Record tab, then select "Summer 2014 - Galveston" or "Fall 2014 - Galveston".
The electronic course schedule lists current course offerings, course availability, new course listings, designated classroom, etc. Be sure to visit this site often, as all information and updates made to the courses will be posted here as they become available.
Before You Attempt to Register for Classes
- Check for holds in Howdy. Holds will prevent registration and must be resolved prior to registration. Examples of holds include meeting with your advisor or submitting a transcript from another institution.
- See your advisor! Academic advising has been proven critical to academic success, and we encourage all students to visit with their Faculty Advisor prior to pre-registration.
- All eligible students will be assigned a start date for pre-registration; dates for each registration group are listed below.
- Pre-registration begins Monday, April 7, 2014. Registration will remain open until September 5, 2014 for Fall 2014 classes. Registration for summer should be completed prior to the beginning of the first summer term on June 2, 2014. Please see table below for details.
- Students seeking approval to enroll in greater than 19 semester credit hours (undergraduates) or 16 semester credit hours (graduate) must receive permission from their department. Please return signed overload requests to the Enrollment Services suite in the Sea Aggie Center. The overload request form is available at http://www.tamug.edu/admrc/Records/forms/Overload.pdf
Summer and Fall 2014
|Monday, April 7, 2014||Graduate, Seniors and U5 classification|
|Tuesday, April 8, 2014||Junior classification|
|Wednesday, April 9, 2014||Sophomore classification|
|Thursday, April 10, 2014||Freshmen classification|
|April 11 - September 5, 2014 at 5:00p.m.||Open to continuing students (enrolled Spring 2014)|
|May 8, 2014 and May 9, 2014||Registration will not be available due to grading for May degree candidates|
|Friday, May 30, 2014||Last day to register for first summer term and 10-week summer courses. Last day to drop all summer term and 10-week courses without penalty|
|Thursday, June 5, 2014||Last day to add/drop first summer term and 10-week courses|
|Monday, July 11, 2014||Last day to add/drop second summer term courses|
|Friday, August 29, 2014||Last day to register for fall without penalty. Last day to drop all courses without penalty|
|Friday, August 29, 2014 5:01 p.m. - Friday, September 5, 2014, 5:00 p.m.||Late registration and drop/add open to all students; Students with zero registered hours will be assessed a late registration fee of $100|
|Friday, September 5, 2014||Last day to add or drop fall classes without penalty|
- After the term begins, changes to an existing class schedule may result in additional tuition/fees; payment must be made by 4:00 p.m. in the Student Financial Services Office or by 5:00 p.m. online (https://howdy.tamu.edu) the day the changes are made to avoid a late fee or cancellation of class schedule. For questions about tuition and fees, email email@example.com or call 409.740.4434.
- Students with zero registered hours during the first five (5) class days of fall/spring semester (the first four (4) class days of summer terms) will be assessed a $100 late registration fee upon registering for courses.
- The Course Schedule is subject to change.