Registration Schedule for Spring 2014
Don't miss your opportunity to register for the best available courses!
When the current course schedule is available for online viewing, please login to Howdy! or search for a semester schedule. Be sure to select "Spring 2014 – Galveston" to view TAMUG courses.
The electronic course schedule lists current course offerings, course availability, new course listings, designated classrooms, etc. Be sure to visit this site often, as all information and updates made to the courses will be posted here as they become available.
Before You Attempt to Pre-Register
Please check in Howdy to ensure that you do not have holds. Holds will prohibit registration. You can view holds in the Grades and Transcripts section of the My Record tab in Howdy.
Academic advising has been proven critical to academic success, and we encourage all students to visit with their Faculty Advisor prior to pre-registration.
- All eligible students will be assigned a start date for preregistration; dates for each registration group are listed below.
- Pre-registration will be open November 11, 2013 through December 12, 2013. It will be closed during grading and the winter break, and will resume Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 8:00am. Registration will remain open for Spring 2014 registration through Friday, January 17, 2014.
- Students requesting permission to enroll in greater than 19 credit hours for undergraduates, or 16 hours for graduate students, must receive departmental approval. Please return completed overload request forms to Enrollment Services, located in the Sea Aggie Center. The Overload Request form is available at http://www.tamug.edu/admrc/NoShow/Overload.pdf
|Monday, November 11, 2013||Graduate, Seniors and U5 classification|
|Tuesday, November 12, 2013||Juniors|
|Wednesday, November 13, 2013||Sophomores|
|Thursday, November 14, 2013||Freshmen|
|Friday, November 15, 2013 - Thursday, December 12, 2013||Open to continuing students|
|Friday, December 13, 2013 - Wednesday, January 1, 2014||Registration will not be available|
|Friday, January 10, 2014||Last day to register for Spring courses without penalty|
|Friday, January 10, 5:01 p.m. - Friday, January 17, 5:00 p.m.||Late registration and drop/add open to all students; Students with zero registered hours will be assessed a late registration fee of $100|
|Friday, January 17, 2014||Last day to add or drop Spring 2014 classes without penalty|
NOTE: All students who do not have holds affecting registration will have access to web registration for Spring 2014 classes during posted open registration dates.
- Changes to an existing class schedule may result in additional tuition/fees; payment must be made by 4:00 p.m. in the Student Financial Services Office or by 5:00 p.m. online (https://howdy.tamu.edu) the day the changes are made to avoid a late fee or cancellation of class schedule. For questions about tuition and fees, email email@example.com, or call 409-740-4434.
- Students with zero registered hours during the first five (5) class days of fall/spring semester (the first four (4) class days of summer terms) will be assessed a $100 late registration fee when they register.
- The Registration schedule is subject to change.