For recognized student organizations, Create An Event through your Collegiate Link Organization Page
For TAMUG departments or outside organizations, fill out an easy online form at:
Don’t know where to start or need some event planning tips?
- Click here to view the TAMUG Event Planning Contact List
Tips for Event Planning
- Start Early: Event planning takes more time than you would think. You should start thinking about your event at least a few months in advance.
All Event Forms should be submitted at least ten (10) business days in advance of your event. If your event may require a contract for DJ/artist services or rentals, your contracts and Event Forms request should be submitted at least thirty (30) business days in advance of your event to meet contract deadlines. If your event involves programs for minors please allow three (3) months for planning process.
- Plan Ahead: Know the basics of your event before contacting anyone about reservations, event forms, or other arrangements.
- Make Proper Arrangements: Facility reservations should always be step one, followed by Event Forms requests (at least 10 business days in advance of your event).
Be Flexible: Have backup plans in case your first date or venue choice doesn’t work out. Sometimes you may need to change your plans to make your event work.
- Ask Questions: If you need help at any point in planning, contact the relevant department providing services.
- Communicate: Relay all the information, including policies, to your entire organization so every member is aware of the information.
Make sure to advertise well in advance of your event.
- Update: Contact the appropriate administrators within 24 hours if anything changes regarding your event.