The Galveston Gateway Program helps incoming students become fully prepared for their academic program. During Galveston Gateway, students take two (2) courses towards their majors and/or University core curriculum during the Summer II Term. Galveston Gateway students also participate in the Galveston Gateway Living Learning Community
(LLC), in which they live together in a Residence Hall, and meet weekly to learn outside of the classroom.
There are 3 possible Fall admission outcomes after students complete Galveston Gateway:
- Galveston Gateway good standing: continue as a full student for Fall semester
- Galveston Gateway suspension: student status is discontinued
- Student continued on probation
Students do not apply to Galveston Gateway, but are offered a seat in the program. It is important that Galveston Gateway students understand that the successful completion of the Galveston Gateway program is a prerequisite for continuation at the university.
- Galveston Gateway Program Requirements
- Preparing for Galveston Gateway [coming soon]
- Estimated Costs [coming soon]
- Course Offerings [coming soon]
- New Student Conference (NSC) & Program Dates [coming soon]
- TAMUG Bookstore Online
Once students have been registered for their Summer II classes, they can order their books in advance and have them reserved to pick up at the bookstore when they arrive in July.
General Galveston Gateway Program Details
The Office of Academic Enhancement
Galveston Gateway Course Advising (Summer II courses, TSI, MPE, AP scores, Dual Credit)
Financial Aid, Scholarships, FASFA, Grants
The Office of Financial Aid
Housing Questions (Summer & Fall semester)
The Office of Residence Life
Texas Maritime Academy
The Office of Student Life